H1b Visa Requirements.
1. JOB REQUIREMENTS FOR H1B VISA.
The job must meet one of the following criteria to qualify as a specialty occupation.
- Bachelor’s or higher degree or its equivalent is normally the minimum entry requirement for the position.
- The degree requirements for the job is common to the industry or the job is so complex or unique. So that it can be performed only by an individual with a degree.
- The employer normally requires a degree or its equivalent for the position.
- The nature of the specific duties is so specialized and complex. So that the knowledge required to perform the duties is usually associated with the attainment of a bachelor’s or higher degree.
2. YOUR QUALIFICATIONS.
For you to qualify to accept a job offer in a specialty occupation. You must meet one of the following criteria.
- Have completed a U.S. bachelor’s or higher degree required by the specific specialty occupation from an accredited college or university.
- Hold a foreign degree that is the equivalent to a U.S. bachelor’s or higher degree in the specialty occupation.
- Hold an unrestricted state license, registration, or certification which authorizes you to fully practice the specialty occupation. And be engaged in that specialty in the state of intended employment.
- Have education, training, or progressively responsible experience in the specialty. That is equivalent to the completion of such a degree. And have recognition of expertise in the specialty through progressively responsible positions directly related to the specialty.
3. H1b SPONSORSHIP.
You must find a sponsor who will file h1b visa application for you. As a person you can not file h1b visa application. So, according to me finding a sponsor for you is the first step in the h1b application process. This is the 1st step in h1b visa requirements. If you can find a sponsor then all other things you can manage easily. In fact your sponsor will do everything and will guide you what to do.
Steps after h1b approval.
1. Collecting documents for h1b visa stamping.
Got h1b visa approved? Congrats. Here is what you need to do now. After h1b visa approval, follow these steps. H1b visa is a non-immigrant working visa. Getting H1b visa approved is the 1st step to pursue your career in US. Once you get your h1b visa approved through h1b lottery. You will have to go for stamping to one of the USA consulate. Before stamping you need to collect all documents. For h1b visa documents click here.
2. h1b visa stamping.
Since you are in your home country. So you will have to go to your nearby consulate. For example, if you live in Bangalore India. Then you have to go to Chennai. If you live in Bihar or Bengal, then you have to go to Kolkata.
For the first time Visa stamping. You will have to take two appointments. First you have to take the appointment for bio metric. Then you have to take the the appointment for the actual visa interview.
Generally you need to take bio metric appointment at least one day before h1b visa interview. Both the center will be located nearby. You should go through h1b visa interview questions and answers thoroughly. Please note you should frame your answers according to your need. Do not exaggerate anything. Just be specific to your domain.
How to apply for h1b visa stamping and visa interview. Click here.
Please click this link for h1b visa interview questions and answers.
If you have any doubt, please comment below.